Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Reciprocal of Love is Death


Valentine’s Day is just three days to go. This means another year or months for lovers in love. I previously wrote blessed are those who celebrate it and miseries for none. I was referring to those who have no beaux to celebrate it at all. I was not expecting that there are also those who ended up loving before that day strikes. I apologize if I have overlooked such incident. It is a painful event when a person you truly love leaves you. And I grieve with you.

Someone told me that the reciprocal of love is not hate, it’s the absence of it. Then an incident came. The word DEATH strikes me. Could the reciprocal of love replace Nothing with Death?

I read a line from someone intimate of someone intimate to me. Was that understood? Well, I leave that vagueness. The tone implies ‘I can live without you but that would be a life full of miseries’. Then came a time that the person she loves left her in abrupt. She cannot take it. Dying, she thought, was the best way to escape life. I thought she would live in miseries but why escape that life through death? When all we could think death is the best way to free us from miseries, that would be a wrong notion. Worst when we commit suicide and yet we failed to achieve the sting of death. It worsens your being. It worsens the view of people around you. Good if you are able to cope up with the trial and renew yourself once more.

Love is patient, love is kind. It is not jealous, (Love) is not pompous, it is not inflated, it is not rude, it does not seek its own interests, it is not quick-tempered, it does not brood over injury, it does not rejoice over wrongdoing but rejoices with the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails.


0 comments: