Sunday, May 18, 2008

American Idol Season 7 Final 3


I may sound very odd but last Friday was my first invitation to a Mcdonald's Birthday Party. Must I thank Spain for inviting me? Sure I must. So thanks Kumare! hehehe I have never been to a children's party held @ Mcdonald nor Jollibee ever so I feel being young that time. If Simon Cowell hears me he might say I am gooey.

And speaking of gooey ... In the recent American Idol Season 7, David Cook just won the night! It was a very tough night for the final 3 contenders who all vie for the next Idol of the year. The finalists sang three songs which were selected by the judges, finalists, and producers. David Archuleta's first song was And So It Goes chosen by Paula Abdul, second was a personal choice which was Chris Brown's With You and the last was Longer by Dan Fogelberg. Syesha Mercado, the only lady left performed If I Aint Got You chosen by Randy, followed by Fever a Pussycat Dolls version and last was Hit Me Up by Gia Farrell. David Cook outperformed the two when he sang The First Time I Ever Saw Your Face which was a Simon Cowell choice, Dare You To Move by Switchfoot a personal choice, and I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing.

Mmmm... for a critic, I must say Syesha didn't performed well in the recent competition. The judges were right, we were not able to judge her vocals because she was too preoccupied with the dancing which was too cabaret as what Simon Cowell said. And yeh, she might heat up the guys who saw that performance but vocals wise, I think being eliminated is just worth it. (forgive me if I may sound brusque)


David Archuleta, on the other hand, well... as usual he performed well but not too well to impress me. I just don't think that his vocals fit the song choice especially his, With You. I don't know, but I think the only thing that keeps him in the competition is the way he renders the song with emotions especially his eyes (take note on that) and his charm. Other than Imagine by John Lennon which he sang during the Top 20 night, I didn't hear laudable performance from him anymore. But his voice is powerful so I think he fits well with Josh Groban's songs.

David Cook, I think is suited to be reigned as the next American Idol. (please.. this is just a personal prophecy from a fan) Well, from the first song choice which was Simon's, he already proved that he's got IT! (Paula Abdul always says he has the package.) Honestly, I loved David C's song choice. I was just caught hanging and hungered to hear more of his singing. Paula was right, we were kinda left in the middle of the song. Good thing he belted on the last song, I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing. He really has the vocals. He wowed the audience and received a standing ovation from many. Simon filled the studio with a statement "David Cook won the night".

0 comments: