Thursday, May 29, 2008

Tied the Knot, Finally!

Our friend and colleague finally tied the knot to his long time girlfriend who resides in Japan. We were very happy that he finally settled with the woman he loves.The ceremony was filled with joy and excitement. Seeing a friend happy is a fulfillment too in my part.

The management declared a half-day work yesterday paving time for a family occasion. We considered ourselves (the working team) as a family so everybody went to the wedding and showed support.

I was requested to read the bible in the church. Almost everyone who read the invitation thought I am a Bible Bearer at a first glance since my name was listed next to flower girls and coin bearer. It read Bible Bearer, FYI! hahaha. I just laughed giving no offense. It was not a big deal anyway...

I felt the solemnity of the wedding, plus the feeling that my groom-friend had finally set his heart to a woman forever. (heard he was teary-eyed when he fetch his bride in the aisle) Whew! I felt goosebumps the time I saw him kissed her. Everyone of us were very happy indeed. He was such a nice guy and he would be a perfect husband for her. She was lucky. Both of them.

Two days before the wedding, he requested me to render a song in his reception. I was really hesitant because the time was not enough for me to practice. Although I knew a few songs, it was still taboo on my part to perform in an unfamiliar audience and I knew myself that I would be trembling infront performing. I told him to wait for one night if I can find audio for the song 'I Do' of Lea Salonga but I didn't so I didn't text him anymore. Though not a girl scout, I just brought with me some CDs where I can sing one song, as he told me. Truly, I was caught unguarded in the event. I haven't practiced and yet the host called me to sing on the first part of the program and another during dinner time. Whew! I hoped I still have a face to show in the office for that performance hahaha! But anyway, whatever the feedback, the important thing is we enjoyed the night and the celebration. It was indeed a night we will remember. To my friend, Omedetou gozaimashita!

0 comments: