Friday, June 06, 2008

Davao in Flood!

I didn't expect Davao is in bad scenario now, never even thought about it my entire life. Thought we are free from nature's angst but I was proven wrong today.

Late this afternoon I went out to have some grocery to celebrate my twenty-fourth year of existence (Thank God for letting me live one more year). It was still drizzling when I went out the house and decided to just ride a jeepney to save. ( but it was still useless coz I spent huge in groceries huhu) When we approached Bajada, somewhere near Bacaca, the rain dropped heavily that we can barely see the place. It seems the place was covered with white smoke due to heavy downpour. The thunder grumbles heavily and the lightning strikes angrily. Approaching Victoria Plaza, the streets were flooded. At V. Mapa Str, many multicabs were stranded. Traffic jam started. Flood is above knee-level and cars are almost floating. I almost traveled an hour before I reached my destination.



I thought of shopping at GS instead coz I don't want to dip my feet in that dirty waters along G-mall. Fortunately, the jeep stopped ahead G-mall where I can step on the ground so I decided to jump out and walked few steps back. I bought goods for an hour and off I went home but going home was a total disaster. No taxis or jeepneys available in site and everyone almost crowded the streets for a ride! I waited almost two hours before I came home. I never expected such incident would happen! I called my father and aunt to fetch me but they too are stranded by traffic. I don't wanna go out when it rains next time.

Davao is in pity situation now. Hope the government will do something about the drainage system or any for that matter.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hala belated happy birthday ca.. na stranded pud diay ka ato?? haha ako kay sa street sa aldevinco, 1 hour ko ng puyo did2.. naka agi ko mall around 8:00 basi naa ka didto no.. ng patunga unta ka sa dalan.. hehe

kung nka kita lng ka sa drainage system sa davao, lingaw gud kaayo.. murag spaghetti nga na lambod.. pero lami.. :D

bEb said...

ei tnx vinx! la na pd ko naabtan 8 oi. grabe jd ang davao oi getting worse.. mau kay wa nilutaw imo car hehe

eeeww pd ng kanal nimo oi. heh pero gnha dw sa insular na kanal ky niapaw na dw and tubig.. eeeww jd