Monday, June 23, 2008

Signos of End of the World?

In my younger years, I have been trembled by the prophecy of our world coming to an end. I remember many religious sects were sprouting like beans during 1990s tagging the year 2000 as the End of the World. Who wouldn't be scared with news like that. Everybody wants to live long, longer for that sake... Though I was in my developmental stage that time, I was scared that I will be experiencing life's tragic ending.

Did you remember how the world is seen to end? I remember famine, flood and rain of fire. I forgot the other four. It's seven locusts right? (correct me if I'm wrong)

Flood. The world now is in flood. US, China, Philippines. Different countries are suffering from flood. Typhoons had cause many destruction of homes, lands, lives, leaving people homeless, hungry and thirsty. Global warming is pointed to be the cause of this calamity. It's definitely not natural. It's man-made, the root-cause of all destruction and suffering. The recent Frank typhoon sank a ship in the Philippines with 700 passengers still missing.

Famine. Some countries are experiencing and some, soon. The food and oil price hike are factors why we will soon be facing this punishment. We may be even facing civil war if this will not be solved and hindered. I do not know why the Philippine government hastily declared a shortage of rice when in fact Mindanao has lots to be harvested. Cost of oil in the world market continue to rise up causing increase in all basic commodities as well.

Fire. It has always been people's enemy turning homes and buildings into ashes. Rain of fire? I do not know how it will happen but if it will, don't know if there will still be survivors.

Are these the signs of the End of the World? If it is, then our existence may soon come to peril, worse, to extinction.

0 comments: