Sunday, April 11, 2010

Great Heart-pumping Adventure

I felt the sudden rush of blood when my heart beat faster as I slide the 40-meter waterslide of Maxima in Penaplata, Samal. One thing that hit me when I was about in the middle of the slide was the hope that the time stops or pauses so I can still hold my breath, relax and compose, and then scream again. Yet, I was in real time. I have no magic to to hold the time in my hand. I really don't know what to do but to just fervently hope that I fall in the water in a second's split so I could cast the fear I felt and end this craziness. It was like a slide of my life, a suicidal attempt. I even felt I won't be able to come up the water after I fell. Whew! I will never do that again! Once is enough to feel the thrill, I think.


After the water slide, we went up for the monkey bridge adventure. It was a 3-part bridge and at the end is a rappel going down. When I was still a spectator, I was confident that I can cross the bridge running in just a minute. At first steps I was doing and walking well. My grip was very tight so I can have my balance. But when I was in the middle of the first bridge, the men assisting me even jumped and ran across the bridge to scare me. I was like screaming the whole time! "Wait! Stop moving!!!", I screamed, with my knees trembling. They did this over and over until I finished crossing the three bridges. "Finally!", I said in a sigh as I reached the end point of the third bridge. My shoulders drooped and I felt my body was giving up. I was bathed in sweat. But it was a fulfillment crossing it. On a rappel, another thrill filled me. Trying to be strong, I hid my fear on a smile while gripping the rope as I was hanged. Going down, the man suddenly loosen the rope that I felt like I was about to hit the ground unconscious! Another scream. Whew! But I realized it felt good to be screaming all the time. lol

I have fear on heights but these I tried so I can test myself and conquer my fear. I am trying to feel what danger is. This also connotes giving in to risks in life. Well, I really had a wonderful experience today! One of the best. ;) But if I were to ask for a second and the same adventure, I will definitely not be sliding again. =D

1 comments:

thea said...

bravo!! atleast u've tried! hehehe..
did you know that you need your adrenaline to kick-in once in a while? that's good for you blood circulation. that is why some extreme sport or rides, they had this sign "bawal masakiton" hahahaha! or maybe that is just to harsh.. for clog-up veins can erupt..(d pa man pud cguro ka ana ka tigulang manang noh?) hahahhaha...