Monday, December 01, 2008

The Implications

I peered through the window at the second level and saw you approaching the house. I presume you will ask for an apology. I hide. Hide so you won't have another reason to hurt me. So I won't have the reason to see and talk to you again. I do not know why, but I hide myself in the closet. My housemate opened the door for you and you got in even after she told you I was not home. You insisted to stay and wait for me. I heard your footsteps. You sat adjacent to where I was hiding. I kept mum but stayed focus of the house's movements, checking if you are still in the house waiting for me.

A few minutes more I saw myself sobbing. I stretched my hands so I will feel a little relief but I unknowingly let myself seen. A hand grasped me from the outside. I screamed! Screamed because you found me. But it wasn't you. It was a friend. He knew how I felt. He saw me in tears and entered the closet without saying a word, sat beside me and held my hand like he has always longed so long. I looked in his eyes and my tears continue to fall. He placed my head on his shoulder and I felt relieved. Tears ran dry and soon I was no longer crying. I do not know why but my heart found peace. We were like that for almost ten minutes.

Then you found us. I got back to my senses and released the hand holding mine. You walked away without saying a word. I saw the fury and pain in your eyes. I tried to call your name but realized that it had always been like this. I was always the one running after you. You never saw my tears. You never hear me cry. You never felt my pain. Should I always be the considerate one? The consoling one?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow.. thats all i can say..