Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Shirt Was Sold

I met with my good friend tonight planning for a group Christmas party. As usual, we were the constant partners when it comes to circle plans and outing. After a few drinks and songs with Korean friends, the two of us went out for coffee and finally made options available for our group's approval.

Going home we realized it's another mallwide sale. I complained how the shirt I planned to buy the other day ran out of stocks in the malls I went. I forgot it was midnight sale last night. All stocks were no longer available when I came back at the two malls. I should have brought that shirt long before. I was thinking and hoping I would find better style at the other mall but to my dismay I found no better one. Worse, when I went back, it was no longer available. I was dismayed. I should be giving that to a friend by Monday next week.

I then remembered what my friend told me. When she and her 'candidate' were talking, she once told him, 'It's like buying a shirt in the mall. You love that shirt very much but you decided to leave it there for a week because your finances cannot afford it. But after a week, when you have all the finances, you went back to buy it but unfortunately, it was no longer available to you. It was sold out.'

The lesson? If there is something or someone you wanted the most, grab for it while it is still available to you. You might be disappointed that the one thing you've been dying to own is already taken by somebody else. And you were left to choose with the 'not so good' ones...

0 comments: