Thursday, July 24, 2008

Bumping with Another Old Friend

It seems this month I was able to meet long time friends and acquaintance. Though I hardly get out of the house and meet friends, time keeps me get in touch and bump with them again.

Just yesterday when I felt too light and happy ( coz I was able to breathe) I posted a hima status message in my YM account. I did not expect that I would be able to meet and greet a friend (I don't know if he considers me one hehe) and one of the influential persons in my life. Influential because he was my educator in my college years. I was happy I met him because we only see once a year.

Hima in Japanese means free. Seeing this status message made him dropped me a message or should I say deceiving one? hahaha. He actually challenged me how free I am that time so he say I should treat him then. Thinking that he was in Manila, I hastily invited him for a coffee. He added to treat him a dinner too. “Sure”, I said. Then he ask where and when we will meet. I know that would be very impossible. He’s in Manila so how would he come here and join me for a sip of coffee? I have my guts then. He told me I treat him a dinner at Swiss Deli and we’ll drink coffee at Fagioli after. So I say, “ok”. I was shocked when he told me he will be in the office after 20 minutes. BLAGS! This is a disaster. Am I deceived? Waaaah…. I have no choice coz I have given my word. But I was thankful too because I was supposed to drink coffee alone and unwind so his presence was a blessing too.

So it goes I treat him a dinner and we had coffee after. He treat me the latter. We had long talks and parted ways by eleven in the evening. Too bad I have no new and special topics to share as my life was a constant boredom. Gomen ne… but thankful I am he did the talking hehe. Jaa mata rainen ne.. Arigatou gozaimashita!

0 comments: