Monday, September 15, 2008

Reaching for the Star

If the moon won’t let me chase him, will the star?

Since I was young, the star was more admired than the moon. (I don’t know with you) Why? Coz it’s brilliant and it twinkles. It catches the eyes of the young ones. (of the many, maybe) As far as I know, the star is farther than the moon. Reaching it won’t make sense, right? Yet I look up to it with reverence. But yeah, it won’t make any sense chasing it.

I remembered a dialogue between my two friends. We were in the office that night and they were talking. Don’t get me wrong. I didn’t mean to be eavesdropping but well, I heard them. Lol. Here it is.

Friend 1: “I’ll just buy cigarettes near the gas station”.
Friend 2: “No friendship. You buy at MarketBasket. It’s nearer.”
Friend 1: “What nearer? The gas station is nearer. Can’t you see it from here? You can peer in the window.”
Friend 2: “Why? Is the star nearer than Manila?”

Upon hearing the last argument, I can't help but applaud and laughed. I did not expect such answer. It was amazing where the answer came out. My other friend was silenced for 5 seconds finding the right reply that will counterfeit it. Yet, he sat down and say, "OK".

It made me ponder too. It does not mean that if a thing is visible, it is near. I am in Davao. The star is visible, yet it is far. Manila is not visible, yet it is nearer than the star.

IT is visible. Just an extend of my arms and I can reach IT, yet I cannot and IT won't.

I wanted to hear more arguments so that I will have the reason to believe that no matter how far a visible thing is, I can still reach it. Sometimes I think that it is better to chase the farthest visible thing than the nearer invisible thing because even how far it maybe, your eyes, your heart, and your goal is only moving toward that direction. If only I can settle with Manila, I will. Yet, it won't allow me too. What else will I be chasing if these two dump me?

How I wish I only receive valid answers and not true ones. For if it will be valid, I do not have to believe on the real ones. Damn. I am stuck again. *sigh!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

exactly, wa koi m.say.. basta run after wat ur hart's desire.. basta ayaw natong isa ka moon gukda.. hahaha

Chai said...

oi, maayo pud ka mangita og representations noh? og maayo pud ka motago.toinks. tama ko noh?

bEb said...

hahaha. chai, kinsa maau sa representations? knsa maau mgtago? murag d jd na ako ba. tsk tsk