Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Ambush Attack

I went to an institution named after a saint with initials FX somewhere in a remote area at the South, sending a communication from our office inviting them to attend a meeting and participate in a competition we will be hosting. Our driver drove me to that place bringing with me a brown envelope which contains all communication letters. We do not know where the place is so we stopped when we saw a nearby neighborhood and asked for the location. The person told us to go straight ahead the hill, pointing with his hand the direction which we saw instantly. We followed the man’s direction and there we saw a castle-like infrastructure.

I entered a thorny garden going to a stair which I perceived has 20 steps before reaching the first floor. The interior was not attractive as it was seen outside. I was inside a gigantic nipa hut. All were made of wood, and I mean coco lumber, which was ordinary. Three of the inhabitants were squatting on the floor. ‘What kind of institution is this?’, I asked myself. I approached a middle-aged woman who was standing and asked to meet their supervisor. I was assisted going up and waited for at least 5 minutes in a sofa three meters away from the door of the supervisor which was elevated with a three stair-steps. A nearly 4-foot woman came out. I hardly distinguished her dress that time. I stood up to greet her subsequently handing the communication letter. We talked on the sofa I was seating. After a few exchange of words, I rolled my eyes around the place and noticed men watching us. They were inhabitants too I guess, which to me seemed to be militants. I felt terrified but pretended it did not affect me. My friend texted me that he will come to fetch me. I was not able to answer him back Few conversations with the supervisor and off I went out.

I went out from a concrete parking area like that of a five star hotel in our city. I was not with my driver anymore. I was searching for my black Honda Civic car when my friend appeared smiling at me. I never thought he would actually come to the place. He came over and greeted me. We entered the car and I started the engine. The road was not cemented and the way was dusty. I drove nearly a hundred meters away and a man his late 30s was running beside my car and pointing a gun on us. I stepped to speed-up the car. We escaped but after a few meters more another gunmen were waiting to shoot us. My heart’s racing, beating faster, and faster. I could hardly breathe. Then I freeze.


I temporarily escaped death… I woke up! Goodness! That was just a dream…

2 comments:

Patzs said...

Thanks goodness it was just a dream! I was holding my breath til I learned it's a dream. I was even convinced you've got civic pala. Good story Ca! You thrilled me ^_^

Anonymous said...

hahaha. that was the last dream i had dat day so i wrote it down pat. it must have a meaning no? nah... kahadlok... hehe