Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Tale of the Moon

Have you ever wondered why the moon constantly walks with you wherever you go? (do an outdoor walk at night) No matter how you wanted to walk toward and reach it, the distance is still the same. It’s constant. It’s far. I have often thought reaching it but I could not. I just faked by closing one eye, extending my right hand and then grasping it like it was in my hand. Such a childish act, isn’t it? But then I realized, I could not and would never reach it (unless I go space travel with NASA, but of course, that would be very expensive. Again, impossible.)

Sometimes I thought, “What if the moon will come to me so I won’t be running after it?” Damn! A worse impossible thinking. Does it mean I’ll stop chasing the moon then?

A friend says I should not be chasing something that is impossible to reach. That I will only be putting burden on my shoulders. That I will only be wounding myself. That I will only be killing my hope. That everything I have saved for myself will be lost. I have often thought of that long ago but my stubbornness sometimes lead me back to reaching it again. But now it seems I would be heeding that friend’s advice. I wanted to take risks but if I continue to chase that thing and won’t let me chase it, I better stop. If time and destiny won’t allow me have it, then I won’t oppose.

4 comments:

-mOlit- said...

Hi ca, nku award for yah.. agi2x lang pud ko..:)

Chai said...

ganahan ko ani nga post duh!

bEb said...

tnx lit! tnx chai! il be posting more of it hehe ;)

Anonymous said...

wel, the lesson?? ayaw na gukod2x... igapos na oii.. hahaha!!